Friday, February 13, 2009

Natal Day

I gave her a wake-up smack before I left for the office this morning. The wife is taking a day off from work as a birthday leave. But since it was not mine, then I had to go through the usual routine.

The day was relatively uneventful, at least for me, but I think not for guys who were involved in the preparations for a jobs fair that will be attended by President Gloria on Monday.

In fact, I had to leave the place a bit early to hunt for a birthday present for the wife. And as fate would have it, a wristwatch is all that I could afford. The salesladies asked me if I was buying a gift for my Valentine and I naturally answered in the affirmative.

They all giggled and remarked how lucky my Valentine is to get such a beautiful present. I no longer elaborated that it was both a birthday gift and a Valentine's present. Otherwise, I will spoil their seeming excitement.

On the way home, I passed by Ineng's to pick up a few sticks of barbeque as the wife is crazy about them. I passed by the Pinoy Pansit station and ordered miki-bihon guisado, as well as ten pieces of hot pan de sal.

The brood had a small feast to celebrate and the wife's eye sparkled when she opened her gift. Fortunately no one asked how old she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment