Monday, February 23, 2009

Mega Atrium

I have heard much about it but it was only a few days ago when I had the opportunity to see it. This is the latest "pakulo" of SM Mega Mall - the Mega Atrium - a modern-looking additional wing to the area which connects Building A to Building B.

The area is mostly signature shops and classy-looking dining places. I informed the wife of my whereabouts and she readily accepted my invitation to join me for a simple dinner.

We wanted to try the delicious pizza in Amici again but the place was full so I suggested that we try Kimono Red for some sushi, sashimi or sukiyaki. But the wife was not in the mood for a chopsticks dinner - she wanted to have her fill.

So we ended up getting a nice table at Chef's Quater which serves a fusion of Asian dishes. We agreed on baked salmon with mayo-wasabe sauce as our centerpiece dish. The fish was not really excellent and I am not really sure whether it still had the expected Omega-3.

We had a similar dish at Conti's in Tri-Noma a few days before and it was not easy to fight the urge to compare one cook's creation with another's. Anyway, the salmon dish was gone in a jiffy - we were really hungry.

The bill came and the total figure was not really that bad, although the wife, who had to foot the bill again, decided that her credit card should come in handy. It did because I only had loose change for the parking fee in my pocket.

The pizza in Amici will wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment