Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Fiesta!

Happy Fiesta! Congratulations to the Graduates! Mag-ingat sa Sunog! Lumabas at Magparehistro! – all these and more – except what these things are really covertly intended for – vote for me in the coming elections! I took this photo the other day somewhere in Quezon City.

The entire Metro Manila is now flooded with these tarpaulins – and all the guys who are posting these or having these posted are quick to say that they are NOT YET CAMPAIGNING – so they are not violating any election law.

I think my officemates have a good and amusing word to describe these antics – they call them KA-EKEKAN – from the root word EK-EK. In earlier days, the equivalent word from which this “endearing” term was derived is ECHING or KA-ECHINGAN.

When I was in my early secondary school years, we had a favorite expression which actually meant many things, depending on the context. The term is UPAK, which actually survives to this day and which is now often used interchangeably with the word BANAT.

In fact, this should probably be the term which is most appropriate for the action to be taken against those guys who insist on doing things which are NOT illegal. Never mind if these things are IMMORAL.

Maybe we should take note of all the names of these guys on the tarpaulins and do some serious cross-checking in December after the period for filing certificates of candidacy. I bet my last SINKONG DULING that my cross-checking will yield close to a perfect score!

Is it too much to expect some measure of decency among politicos? Di naman siguro.

No comments:

Post a Comment