Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Distraction

She is another distraction as you drive along EDSA towards the Rockwell area from Guadalupe. Her photo probably spans some twenty floors of the high rise, all glass building which dominates that part of Makati.


I remember that before her photo graced that same spot, the whole façade of the building was literally made into a giant billboard to advertise a brand of jeans. The lady in the photo is wearing some denim shorts of the same brand, I think.

I used to see a smaller version of her photo in the SEC Building near Ortigas but it was taken out recently.

It must cost a little fortune to put up these kinds of ads, not to count the fees paid to the “talents” or models. This may be a good way to explain why the advertised brand of jeans costs so much more than those you can buy from Uniwide or from Divisoria which come with some unfamiliar “etiketa”.

This reminds me about three long-sleeves shirts that I got from Uniwide some three years ago for P60 each. Their “etiketas” do not sound familiar but I continue to wear them to the office without seeing any eyebrows raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment