Friday, January 23, 2009

Beatles Generation

I still am not feeling well today. In fact, I missed the National Directorate meeting where I am supposed to do some role playing with Dir. Irene Isaac.

So I stayed in bed most of the time. Luckily, my younger son did not have any class so he stayed home and helped me with my needs.

I got my old PC speakers and my MP3 Beatles Anthology that got me reminiscing my high school years in the middle sixties. In those days, the juke box was still the existing technology. When a coin is inserted into a slot, and number and letter keys are pressed, the machine selects from a collection of 45s, small black records which were the existing recording medium in those days.

My barkadas and I even used to skip classes just to listen to our favorite Beatles pieces - I Saw Her Standing There, Can't Buy Me Love, If I Fell, Things We Said Today and countless other hits that fascinated our young minds.

While listening to these oldies, I busied myself with a book that I got recently from a bargain counter. It was written by Rene Chandelle and entitled Beyond the Da Vinci Code - The Book That Solves the Mystery.

Somehow, as far as I have read, it looks like some mysteries are being explained like Mary Magdalene, Jesus Christ and their descendants, the secret of the Order of the Templar and the Holy Grail.

Looks like a fascinating book, especially if reading is the most I can do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment